Have you seen someone spending too much time and money playing slots? Are they telling lies whether they win or lose? More so, they get irritated when someone is playing on that particular slot machine. If the answer to these questions is all yes, perhaps that person has a problem. He may be one of those compulsive and vulnerable gamblers that needs help. Thus, they need to seek slot machine addiction treatment.
Without a doubt, the slot machine is one of the well-played casino games. Aside from it is very easy to play; you can win huge prizes if you win. So, it is no surprise that some people get addicted to spinning the reel.
What is Compulsive Gambling?
Compulsive gambling is a mental health problem. Moreover, this is often associated with one of the many kinds of impulsive-control problems. Moreover, it has many similarities to obsessive-compulsive disorder as well. Nevertheless, compulsive gambling or gambling addiction is now associated with other addictive disorders.
The types of gambling that gamblers might engage in can be a variable to their addiction. Some of these games are:
- Betting on sports
- Buying lottery tickets and having lucky ticket numbers
- Playing poker
- Slot machines
- Roulette and many more
In addition, the gambling venue for an individual with gambling addiction varies as well. With the availability of gambling activities online, the gambling addiction rate also increases.
Are you one of these compulsive gamblers? Then, you need to seek slot machine addiction treatment and help.
Common signs of slot machine addiction
- You believe that you are not betting real money on a slot machine. Moreover, you strongly believe that you can win back the money you lost while spinning the reel.
- Also, you developed personal relationships and fondness for a particular slot machine. You feel irritated when someone else is sitting and playing on “your” slot machine.
- Moreover, you are spending long hours playing slot more than you planned. Thus, you are spending more money spinning the reel more than you can afford.
- When someone asked you about how much you have spent playing, you tend to lie. You do not tell the truth on how much you win or lose on a slot game. Besides, you are hiding your gambling behaviour from your loved ones.
Are you getting addicted to gambling? Think of this signs.
- You are thinking about playing slots all the time while being away from a casino. Worst, the slot game occupies your mind most of the time. You are having problems at work and home because of your excessive playing the slots. Thus, it strongly affects your social life. Instead of spending quality time with your loved ones, you choose to gamble.
- Additionally, you are growing tolerance towards playing slot games. Thus, you are placing larger and riskier bets that you cannot afford to lose. Also, you are constantly thinking about your previous winnings repeatedly.
- In addition, you are using gambling as an escape and distraction from your problems. Thus, you treat gambling as a comfort zone from all your emotional discomfort.
- You are thinking about whether you may have a gambling problem. Then, you probably do. However, your gambling urges are stronger than you want to quit. After gambling, you are feeling down and guilty about losing. Yet, you still gamble the following day.
Do you think you need slot machine addiction treatment?
Start assessing yourself. If you see yourself with these signs, then, it is time to seek slot machine addiction help. More so, you need slot machine addiction treatment. Therefore, you can claim back you’re normal life before gambling addiction.
It is never too late to identify if your gambling behaviours can be controlled.
Did you know that slot machines are designed to be addicting?
Based on studies, people become addicted to slots more quickly than they do playing other casino games.
Yes, slots are created and designed to be addictive. Psychologists designed the colors, sounds, themes, and everything else about slots. This is for the purpose to seduce and attracts the players. More so, the music is well thought to reinforce the addictive behavior of an individual.
Additionally, the atmosphere around the slot machines is pretty much enticing. These slot machines encourage you to play faster and of course much longer. Also, the feeling of almost hitting the jackpot keeps you on pushing the spin button.
Slot Machine Addiction Treatment
Do you want to overcome your slot machine addiction?
For someone who gets addiction playing slots, you feel like you are under a spell. More particularly, you are under a trance when you are playing a slot machine. Moreover, being under that spell is not a good one.
This enchantment can lead you to actions that could ruin your relationships. Aside from that, it could also ruin your work prospect and finances. Worst, your slot machine addiction can ruin your entire life.
Before that happens to you, you need to get out of this. Seek slot machine addiction help and treatment as much as possible.
Gambling and Slot Machine Addiction Treatment
If you notice that your behavior towards gambling is not normal, then, do not hesitate to seek help. With proper treatment, your compulsive gambling and slot machine addiction are manageable. All you have to do is learn to develop a balanced and healthy relationship with your finances.
A program of recovery towards compulsive gambling is almost similar to psychological treatment. It can help you develop impulse control for your gambling addiction. This method includes:
- Program for inpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation program
- 12-step programs
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Lifestyle changes
Aside from seeking professional help, you can read books on gambling addiction recovery. These books will inspire you that no matter how far or low your addiction is, there is still hope for recovery.
Top Tips on how to stop your gambling problems
Many people are experiencing hardships that are often associated with gambling. If you want to stop your gambling activities, you can consider our tips.
- Understand your gambling problem and admit your addictive behaviour towards it.
- Seek help from support groups. People who also experience gambling problems in the past manage these organizations.
- Gamblers Anonymous, Gamcare, and Gam-Anon are some of the many gambling support groups. They are specifically built around the needs of people who have gambling problems. Moreover, they offer a 12-step program used by other groups as well.
- As much as possible, avoid any gambling temptation. To do this, you can apply for self-exclusion to all gambling sites and venues available in your area.
- Postpone your gambling cravings.
- Look for alternatives to gambling. Thus, change your lifestyle to improve your state. You can engage in physical activities, meditation, or explore new hobbies. Also, you can spend more time with your family and friends who don’t gamble. Of course, you need to avoid things that will tempt you to gamble. Moreover, you can explore new hobbies as well.
- Think of the consequences your gambling addiction brought you. Some level of shame and guilt can motivate you to stay in your recovery state. Also, think of the emotional pain you have caused to your family and friends.
- In addition, the financial hardship you have experienced in the past can help you grounded. More importantly, do not dwell on your previous behavior. Instead, use this to motivate you.
- If you think your gambling addiction is uncontrollable and you cannot do it, seek professional help. The treatment methods they offer can help you stay away from gambling.
Slot Machine Addiction Treatment FAQs:
Studies have shown that during gambling, the brain releases dopamine. This occurs in areas that are similar to those who are taking drug abuse. More so, the fast gameplay of slots keeps your adrenaline pumping. As a result, you are having a hard time getting up on your sit and walk away. Additionally, the constant exposure, as well as the uncertainty of winning, produces a lasting effect on the brain.
Always being occupied with your gambling activity as well as constantly planning how to fund it is a sign of gambling addiction. Also, you are having a hard time controlling your time playing is also a symptom. The feeling of being irritable and restless can be a sign of gambling addiction.
Yes, of course. You can stop your gambling addiction in many ways. First, you need to admit that you have gambling problems. Then, seek professional help or join a support group. Also, you can seek medication and change your lifestyle. You can also self-exclude yourself to all gambling sites and venues in your area. So, you can avoid the temptation of gambling.